I didn’t watch the Academy Awards last night, but I think I have a good idea of who took home an Oscar. I also haven’t read any newspapers or visited any Websites that might have coverage. This isn’t intentional, it’s just that I’m writing this at 8:00 a.m. on a Monday.
So based on Twitter, which I do keep up on, this is what I know about last night’s academy awards. . .
- Kirk Douglas likes young women.
- Anne Hathaway owns (or borrowed) a lot of dresses.
- It was cold.
- Natalie Portman won best actress, and most people are good with that.
- About 30 minutes in, James Franco considered cutting off his arm just to escape hosting duties.
- There was very sad music, the Academy honored dead actors, but Corey Haim was not only snubbed by the Academy in 1988 for his ground breaking role as one of the Frog Brothers in Lost Boys, but he was also left out of the dead actor montage.
- A children’s chorus from New York stole the show.