I’m just back from a trip to Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands. This is what I learned:
- Canadians like their strip malls
- The .CA domain extension really does matter — I’m going to have to start using it more on Web projects.
- Facebook was heavily used as a marketing tool, less visibility for Twitter.
- People thought I had an accent and spotted me for an American right away, one person even pegged me correctly for originally being a Californian.
- Orcas all go to the top of the island for their September vacations (chasing the fall salmon runs). So . . . no Orcas were spotted, just mink, deer and harbor seals.
- Boeing owns a big freaking yacht — are you listening Waggener Edstrom?
- The Great Canadian Beer Fest is very well laid out, much better spaced than the Portland Brewer’s Festival.